- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Website, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Website, should not be used for third-party marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require My Tie Monthly to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information MTM Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Website, including without limitation:
- in connection with your purchase of one of our products;
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you register to establish a user account on our Website; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to our customer community.
- when you interact with 3rd party social media websites (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus, etc.)
What My Tie Monthly does with Personal Information
Purchases. When you purchase a product for yourself or someone else, you provide personal, billing, and shipping information. We will use your personal information for the purpose of sending you or your designated recipient the items you purchased.
Personal Account and Profile. When you register to obtain a user account on our Website (any such person, a “Registered User”), including but not limited to the My Tie Monthly Website (located at http://www.mytiemonthly.com) you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. Providing your email address and/or real name is optional. If you do provide your email address, it will allow us to send you your password if you should forget it. We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and—with your permission—for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to My Tie Monthly.
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter to respond to your request. For example, we will use your email address to reply to an email you sent us or—with your permission—to send you communications about news and events related to My Tie Monthly. Personal information submitted as part of our email newsletter is used for the purpose of managing the newsletter. Your name and email address will never be intentionally made visible to other list participants when you receive the newsletter.
MTM Discussion Boards/User Posts. If you voluntarily provide your real name in connection with any content you submit to any Website, your name may be associated with the content you contributed (such as when you post an image or text entry to our Support page or on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you—with your permission—about upcoming news and events relevant to My Tie Monthly. You are not required to post any information or personal information on any page, but may be posted in your own sole discretion. Please note that the information you publish on your public page, including your personal information, may be used by anyone who views that information for any lawful purpose. MTM may use the personal and non-personal browsing information you provide on your public page to promote the mission of My Tie Monthly. If provided, your name may be associated with content you contribute to the My Tie Monthly Website.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not My Tie Monthly’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, My Tie Monthly may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Website.
If My Tie Monthly is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, My Tie Monthly will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or MTM is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Website
My Tie Monthly has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that My Tie Monthly stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Website if any such security breach occurs.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
The Website is not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Persons under 13 years of age are specifically prohibited from submitting any personally identifiable information about themselves or other persons under 13 years of age. Any person who provides their personal information to MTM through the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Effective Date: April 20, 2015